Trusley is a small village in south Derbyshire within a conservation area.
As 'Toxenai' it was mentioned in the Domesday Book as a manor belonging to Henry de Ferrers.
Many of the buildings in Trusley village date from the 18th century including All Saints Church built for William Coke in 1712.
Oliver De Odingsells purchased the Manor of Trusley from Ralph de Beufey in the reign of King Henry III [1216-72].
In 1418 a De Odingsells co-heiresses married Thomas Coke and from this time the Coke family came to live at Trusley.
The original homes of the Cokes' have long since vanished, however in 1904 Major General John Talbot coke built a new Trusley Manor.
In 1948, at the end of the second world war, Trusley Manor was reduced in size and what remains has been divided into four dwellings.