In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trusley like this:
TRUSLEY, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; 4¾ miles NNE of Tutbury r. station, and 6 W of Derby. Post town, Derby. Acres, 1,078. Real property, £3,234. Pop., 99. Houses, 17. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £129.* Patron, E. Coke, Esq. The church is plain.